Featured post

Pinned Post: Remembering Ilan Halimi

Wednesday, 23 March 2011

A little blog statistic

My middle-name being "not-staying-the-distance" this little blog might not stay alive, but, if it does, this post will probably embarrass me later since I am completely new to blogging and know nothing about statistics. Luddite that I am, I pen it anyway, because I was sooo surprised at the result when I looked up how many other bloggers are interested in "fighting anti-Semitism" that I clicked on my other interests and this is what I found:

Politics: 502,000
Mozart: 397,000
Leonard Cohen: 121,000
Schubert: 18,000
Jacques Brel: 9,100
Barbara: 4,200
Gregorian Chants: 3,600
Georges Brassens: 116
"Nearly everything": 56
"Fighting Anti-Semitism": 1 (and that was me)

When I changed  to "Anti-Semitism" without the "fighting" I shared my interest with 19 others, among them one whose favorite book was Hitler's "Mein Kampf". So I assumed he was rather into it than against it, unless he has a wicked sense of humour.

I then tried the milder (and in my case more accurate) "speaking out against anti-Semitism", and I'm still alone in that.

And so I rest my case, which I have not made here yet, but will, sooner or later ! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment