Thursday, 17 May 2012

Marked for Death

"Le premier qui dit la vérité il doit être exécuté" (the first one who tells the truth must be executed), so sings Guy Beart in this lovely song:





Geert Wilders was not the first, but one of the very first in Europe  to speak  the truth about Islam. Since then he too has been in danger of being executed.





The French subtitles have been added by Pascal Hilout, né Mohamed who was brought up as a Muslim in Morocco. He now lives in Paris and writes for Riposte Laique.

I  have ordered "Marked for Death" to which  Mark Steyn  wrote the foreword. In it he says:

"When I was asked to write a foreword to Geert Wilders' new book, my first reaction, to be honest, was to pass. Mr. Wilders lives under 24/7 armed guard because significant numbers of motivated people wish to kill him, and it seemed to me, as someone who's attracted more than enough homicidal attention over the years, that sharing space in these pages was likely to lead to an uptick in my own death threats. Who needs it? Why not just plead too crowded a schedule and suggest the author try elsewhere? I would imagine Geert Wilders gets quite a lot of this. And then I took a stroll in the woods, and felt vaguely ashamed at the ease with which I was willing to hand a small victory to his enemies..."...[snip]...."...It is not easy to be Geert Wilders. He has spent almost a decade in a strange, claustrophobic, transient, and tenuous existence little different from kidnap victims or, in his words, a political prisoner. He is under round-the-clock guard because of explicit threats to murder him by Muslim extremists. Yet he's the one who gets put on trial for incitement...."

2 comments:

  1. This guy is a hero. thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I saw your comment only just now and yes, I agree with you. But what a high price to pay for courage: I am reading his book right now and strongly recommend it, it's a page turner.

      Delete