Friday, 28 December 2012

Uprising of women in the Arab world



"I AM with the uprising of women in the Arab world because I would prefer to be free on this earth [than be] a heavenly virgin.'' Revealing only her eyes, the young Syrian woman called Lama became one of thousands to post her message on an activist Facebook page that has attracted more than 82,000 followers and exposed a renewed personal and political struggle for women's rights all over the Arab world. The idea is simple: post a picture of yourself with the phrase ''I am with the uprising of women in the Arab world because … '' and finish the sentence with your reason.  (from here)






                         




My favorite message is  from this brave young boy; it  reads:
"I am with the uprising of women in the Arab world because 
I am 16 years old and according to the law, I am the guardian of my widowed mother.

Revolt mother!

You are strong, you are free!"







I found this strangely disturbing video on Vlad Tepes and, but for the comment at the end, in very old German which I read as meaning  "nip invading weeds in the bud", I would not have understood that the artist is actually AGAINST this oppression of women.











No comments:

Post a Comment