AL GORE, the born-again environ-mentalist and Guru to the Greens despite sporting one of the biggest personal carbon foot prints in the West has just sold his US TV station to the Qatar-financed
What to expect from such a network? The Washington Free Beacon has just compiled seven of Al Jazeera’s greatest hits to provide some clues:
1. Al-Qaeda’s Anwar al-Awlaki praised Al Jazeera.
2. Egyptian Salafist Muhammad al-Zawahiri justified 9/11 in an Al Jazeera appearance.
3. Al Jazeera staffers chanted ‘down with fascist America’ on air.
4. Sudan’s president slammed the U.S. government’s human rights record on Al Jazeera.
5. Hugo Chavez called Al Jazeera a “model of honor, bravery, and the fight for justice”.
6. Al Jazeera aired a series of Sheikh Yousuf Al-Qaradhawi speeches on how the Jews deserved to be punished by Hitler.
7. Al Jazeera interviewed Afghan Mujahideen leader on Osama bin Laden’s death: "Americans (are) barbarians, who mutilate bodies”
All Australian tax-payer funded media organisations also use Al Jazeera quite extensively as their "news" sources.
Amin Farouk, a journalist based in the middle east, writes in the Gatestone Institute
"Al-Jazeera, which bought Current TV from Al Gore, is not a communications medium in the Western sense. It is a psychological warfare medium, a fundamentalist terrorist communications base operating under Qatari cover. It sets its sights on changing regimes..."
I post this little music video with the refrain "Cut off a head for Al Jazeera" with the warning that it is confronting and may offend even those who do not belong to the "Nation of the permanently Offended". ( H/T Winds of Jihad).
"The Emir of Qatar, an absolute ruler, and Al Jazeera, have not covered the "Arab Spring" to advance democracy, but to support the Muslim Brotherhood, which is aligned with the Qatari regime. Al Jazeera has as its chief goal Muslim Brotherhood domination..."writes Najat Fawzy AlSaied from the Gatestone Institute