Featured post

Pinned Post: Remembering Ilan Halimi

Saturday, 12 April 2014

A little French Singing & a little French reality





A little French Singing:


This past Paris winter  has been extraordinarily mild, spring has come early as have the increasingly "inyourface" tourists, so it's time to leave again. 

Each year when  I return to the city of light (some cynics now call it "Afrique sur Seine") I feel its changes more acutely than do my permanently Paris-dwelling friends and each year I am sad for the loss of some things and happy for things that remain the same. 

A constant  is the French people's love for pink toilet paper - I challenge you to go to your local shop and find any toilet paper which is not either pink or at least pink-flowered.  Their insouciance about cholesterol  and their adherence to seasonal dishes  has not changed either in 30 years. Celebratory Paté de Foie Gras at your arrival dinner  cannot be avoided (even if one knows how it's made, and gulps more or less discreetly, in St. Peter's fashion!), and Endives et Jambon au Gratin are still a must-Winter dish as are  the "Canard Confit"(*) and the  Tripes a la mode de Caen. Perhaps my friends are especially conservative, but I like it and I love them.

Of course, I don't have to tell you that there are more things to France than pink toilet paper and dishes of innards and  au gratin;  I will tell you about  them  as I  go into my annual period-of- remembrance mode. 

What the French don't do as much as the Australians for example is Ageism: Carla Bruni, the former first lady (wife of the conservative ex-President Sarkozi) is still considered a sex-kitten at 46..... what's a few laughter lines provided the bum is still pert ! 









And now onto our  French sex-symbol (Carla Bruni is not French-born) Johnny Hallyday, the "French Elvis Presley".  Carla Bruni refers to him in her song as "our Johnny" and so do the French. He is 71, yes you read correctly: 71  (71 is the new "51" if 60 is the "new 40";) ). 



   


Being a Schubert-kind-of fan myself, I never really  got into  Johnny Halliday's music, but I knew that he had been a  power package  in his time and - at 71, after beating cancer - he is not half bad now.


Update: this video above has obviously been removed, so I will try this one, when he was still quite a bit younger: 
   





A little French Reality: 


France is ailing, seriously ailing. I have observed the islamisation of this beloved  country  accelerating for a few years, but now, under this present government, it is galloping. France has been islamised to a point where Sharia including Blasphemy laws are already in defacto force. France's (largely) dhimmy media, an extremely self-serving and opportunistic extreme left government and a fully politicised judiciary are - at best - enabling  islamism. The fermentation in the French people who are not anesthisised yet is palpable to anyone who still  cares to listen (if I may mix a couple of metaphors and senses). And  I sooooo understand this ferment.

In the country of my birth, Nazism stamped out a nation's decent impulses through intimidation, lies and fear;  having spent quite a few days watching "justice" being handed out in France I saw an eery "déjà vu" hovering over France. I will write more about the so-called "Justice in France" in an upcoming post. (Look up "Mur de Cons" on the net if you speak French and if you cannot wait).

Here is a little report which, to me, is credible - 3 of the interviewees, courageously speaking out despite being  relentlessly defamed, threatened with death and persecuted by an extremely politicised judiciary  are friends of mine: Pierre Cassen, founder and Editor in chief of Riposte Laique, Christine Tasin, leader of Resistance Republicaine and the charming Morrocan born muslim apostate, Pascal ("né Mohamed") Hilout. 







P.S.:


Mes chers amis !

Christine Tasin, Pierre Cassen et Pascal (né Mohamed) Hilout)

De retour en Australie  après mon printanier vol vers les antipodes, 

je vous salue et continue de vous admirer!

Vive la France !

Amicalement, 

Rita










(*) cooked in its own fat 

No comments:

Post a Comment