Tuesday, 15 April 2014

Happy Passover to my Jewish readers


Just recently, out of the blue,  I had a few  surprising messages from Jewish blogger friends:

G. said:  "Thank you for being you.....Your work does not go unappreciated..."  

S. wrote: "Thank you for all the support you give us and Israel, Rita. People like you raise our hopes and spirits. " 

And from M.L. this:  "...non-Jewish friends to the Jewish people, such as yourself, raise our hopes...[...] You are what is sometimes referred to as a "righteous gentile" and I thank you for it." 

I was  chuffed to bits by these generous comments, but also very worried: this gratitude to a very tiny and insignificant defender of what should not NEED defending,  shows how far the relentless, despicable  defaming of  Israel and the Jewish people has progressed and how this nasty virus of Jew Hatred has infected - not only the moronic herd but  even people who used to be normal.

The vulgar  fig leaf of  "defending the poor palestians", "fighting Zionism...apartheid...illegal occupation",  "blablabla etc." is so very transparent  that I cannot believe why people with a minimum of intelligence and decency cannot see through it, especially as even that see-through fig leaf is often slipping and displaying  a blatantly explicit call for the full destruction of Israel: "from the rivers to the sea"They do not hate the Jews because of Israel, they hate Israel because of the Jews!


Recently in an article by  M.L. I was taken aback by this simple and elegantly phrased truth which proves the dictum: " the more things change, the more they stay the same":




"Goliath was not a Jew, but a Philistine, 

David was a Jew"




I was, I  am and I will always be on the side of David!




For those of us who have forgotten (or perhaps never known) the Passover Story, here is a very simple telling of it but it comes with the warning that it contains a healthy dose of Charlton Heston ;)


    .



Chag Pesach Kasher v'Sameach !  
I hope I got this right and it means "happy Passover" ;)





   









  






You will find more information about Passover "News and Views from Jews Downunder.




.


9 comments:

  1. Moses was the first Zionist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shamelessly snitched for my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ geoffff - and what's good enough for Moses is good enough for me :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Shamelessly snitched for my blog"

    I am pleased about that, geoffff, because it went to an excellent home ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very happy Easter to you dear friend.

    I bought some Easter eggs and Hot Cross Buns this morning out of appreciation and respect for our Christian friends.

    Also they are yummy.

    friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you :)

    I should reciprocate by eating some Matzo, but perhaps I will go for "Gefillte Fish" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Rita. That was very nice.

    "They do not hate the Jews because of Israel, they hate Israel because of the Jews!"
    Absolutely right. Anti-Zionists are anti-Semites, pure and simple.

    ReplyDelete


  8. Rachel Molshky:

    "...What's in a name? that which we call a rose
    By any other name would smell as sweet;..."

    or in this case (with apologies to the Bard):

    "...What's in a name? that which "they" call a anti-Zionism
    By any other name would stink as high to heaven..."

    !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Indeed. Politically correct terminology does not change the hatred behind it. How can people actually be fooled by a simple word choice?!

    ReplyDelete