Sunday, 3 August 2014

A Postcard from Sydney


A perfect Sydney Winter's Sunday, a wonderful community, showing their solidarity with Israel. There were many double Australian/Israeli flags - when I work out how, I will post some of my own photos here.  

One little "B-moll note" (as they say in France)  and it came, of course, from a Politician. He shall remain nameless, mainly because I never heard of him before and  didn't hear the name clearly today: He had sent his "apologies for not attending" as he had "a previous engagement in the West of Sydney". Derisive laughter from the crowd, estimated at 10,000, derisive because locals know that "Sydney's Western Suburbs" are largely Muslim areas. Ah well, as doggie for his bone, so the politician for his votes, one begs for them where one can... 

There were some wonderful voices and songs and, although I am  not Jewish, someone singing of  what I understood to be a part of Kaddish made me feel gratitude towards  my dark sunglasses. I want to find that song and when I do I will bring it to you. 




photo  by Alex Ryvchin












First sign I came across spoke to and for me
Photo by Rita



Thinking of our own IDF soldier, Gidon
photo by Rita






quality of the photo in direct inverse proportion to the quality of the crowd
photo by Rita



Unbelievable, but some "people" dont think so 
photo by Rita


As many Australian flags as Israeli ones
photo by Rita






photo by Rita 

Photo by Rita 






Found only one  video so far (watch this space for more:

Came to this one  by J-Wire via my blogger friend's geofffff.blogspot:






   




photo by Rita


photo by Rita




Photo by Rita



Photo by Rita
I think you can still participate in this petition




Photo by Rita








Photo by Rita









   












Quote of the day: 

"...The Truth is, 
we are all living in Israel. 
It is just that some of us 
have not realised it yet."

(I cannot attribute it, as I have forgotten where I heard/read it). 


2 comments:

  1. The origin of your quote:
    "...The Truth is,
    we are all living in Israel.
    It is just that some of us
    have not realised it yet."

    Is Sam Harris:
    http://www.samharris.org/blog/item/why-dont-i-criticize-israel

    Greetings from New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi AnkhDjedSeneb :)
    Thank you very much for this (looks like a very interesting link) and greetings from OZ to the land of the long white cloud ;)

    ReplyDelete