Featured post

Pinned Post: Remembering Ilan Halimi

Wednesday, 2 August 2017

Postcard from the dark side of Australia



A friend from America wrote to me today: 



"...It's a hot and humid summer here with VERY occasional thundershowers for relief. But there's no relief from the news, which keeps getting worse. I know I'm repeating myself when I say things are getting crazier, but they are. Recent jihad events in Sweden and Hamburg -- all while the media is obsessed with Donald Trump. Egad!

Well, anyway, I hope you're doing all right down there on the beach. May the craziness stay far, far away from you!"


Unfortunately, what my friend calls "craziness" has not stayed far away from this great land down under. And in this editorial, Andrew Bolt, one of my very favourite journalists in OZ asks some very pertinent questions.












One thing I do not agree with is when Andrew Bolt says: "It's been another very bad week-end for Islam in Australia...". The "for" should, in my humble opinion, be replaced with "because of"












Here is a short extract from an Australian TV program of some years ago of one of the muslim terrorists arrested over the last few days that Andrew Bolt mentions: 








Here is the link to a longer (20 minutes)  extract of this TV "debate":












No comments:

Post a Comment