Likes and Dislikes

Likes and Dislikes: January 2021

Sunday, 24 January 2021

Children of the Great Reset

 

Since this Virus Hysteria started, I kept largely out of places where a Face-Nappy was required.  But recently, it has become (human-rights-violating) "law" where I live to wear one of those dangerous-to-your-health face-masks. So, as someone, born and educated in Germany,  I "followed orders", during my recent   visit to a doctor's surgery.  


In the waiting room, there was a cute little toddler, I smiled at him because he was just SOOO terminally  cute, but, against my normal experience, this little cutsie did not respond at all.....and I realised that my smile was not accessible to him, hidden as it was by my ghastly/nasty face mask. The target of my smile was sooooo young, that it suddenly struck me:  this little toddler probably has not yet seen a stranger (even a well meaning one) smile at him/her/it. What damaged generation are we bringing up ?


They really do damage them early, don't they !!



A cynical critic of Nabokov's "Lolita"  put it, somewhat crudely perhaps,   this way:   



"get there before the pubics". 









The following  scene  took place   in  a land and a time  far away (*),  when we were still allowed to breathe, to   meet, to  go to church/synagogue ,  to sing, to celebrate  a wedding.... in short  to live free from the shadows of an encroaching totalitarianism delivered  to us via the Trojan Horse, that suspicious Trojona Virus, delivered by our mostly corrupt politicians.... 










(*) about 6 years ago in England




No comments:

Post a Comment